- STRATEGIC HR
- COMPASSION IN EMPLOYEE RELATIONS
Recognizing HR professionals for outsized contributions to their organizations and communities.
The 2019 HR Hero Award Recipients
The HR Hero Award celebrates HR professionals who have made outsized contributions to their organizations and the community at large.
Thank you to everyone who contributed to the growth and success of this program! From all of the terrific nominations, these four individuals stood out for their contributions in their respective categories. Read their stories here. To learn more about the HR Hero Awards, please contact us at [email protected].
Elevating The Strategic Role Of HR
Former SVP, CHRO
Chief People and Culture Officer
Fogo de Chao
GVP, Global HR Operations
Compassion in Employee Relations
Director of Domestic Human Resources
Doctors without Borders
Nominate A Colleague For HR Hero of the Year
Help us give the unsung heroes of the HR community the recognition they deserve!
The HR Hero Award recognizes HR professionals for their invaluable contribution to their business and the community at large. For each nomination, GetFive contributes $50 to a charitable organization, selected from the suggestions of nominators. In addition, all nominators will be entered into a drawing to win one of a few Apple Airpods.
ELEVATING THE STRATEGIC ROLE OF HR
- Partners with senior management to raise the visibility of the HR function
- Takes specific steps to change the status quo role of HR
- Demonstrates to senior management how HR can creatively support key business objectives
- Takes on personal career risk in an effort to elevate the strategic role of the HR function
- A natural role model
- Shows concern for colleagues as people
- Willingness to take on mentoring roles outside the scope of work
- Guiding, supporting, and promoting the training and career development of others
- Demonstrating a long-term commitment to mentoring
COMPASSION IN EMPLOYEE RELATIONS
- Handles challenging and emotionally-charged situations with grace and respect
- Finds creative solutions that create trust and improve employee morale
- Demonstrates compassion and generosity of spirit when terminating employees
- Successfully balances employer interests with principles of employee advocacy
- Carries a volunteer event when others mysteriously disappear
- Brings the kind of contagious energy to volunteer work that makes it successful
- Show creativity in developing volunteer programs
- HR Heroes will be announced in early 2020
- HR Heroes will be featured in social media and on our website
Past HR Hero Award Recipients
Rose Rogers, VP & CHRO, Ducommun
Jacqueline Coca, HR Latin America, Bunge
Greg Giangrande, EVP, CHRO & CCO, Time Inc.
Bala Sathyanarayanan, EVP, Business Transformation and HR, Xerox
Allison Friend, CHRO, Hogan Lovells, LLP
Tom Wilson, Head of Talent Acquisition, Oppenheimerfunds
Suzanne Pennasilico, CHRO, Skidmore, Owings & Merrill
Glenn Album, SVP, HR, Pinnacle Foods
Aleyda Meyers, Director, All-Agency Veteran Recruitment, MTA
Bryan Olson, CHRO, K&L Gates LLP
Dana Aldis, Sr. Director, Training, Comm. & Culture, LivingSocial
Joanne Rencher, CPO, GSUSA
Eric Lange, Associate Executive Director, 92Y
Fred Strobel, Director Of Talent Mobility, Morgan Stanley
Minerva Garcia, VP HR, Accordant Media
Suzanne Jakstavich, SVP HR, Avalon Bay
MJ O’Leary, SVP, John Wiley & Sons
Geralyn Cappelli, EVP, Rabo Bank International
Maritza Diaz, Executive Director, Financial Services
Jeff Cohen, VP Labor Relations, Mt. Sinai Medical
Patricia Bradley, Global Head HR, Novartis Pharmaceuticals
Lindsey Cotter, Director HR, Scholastic Inc.
Robert Defendorf, Director HR, Scholastic Inc.
Ron Thomas, VP Org. Development, Martha Stewart Living
Andrea Weinzimer, VP HR, Hachette Book Group