Even if you don’t have a layoff or restructuring looming in your company’s future, instituting an outplacement solution should be on your mind. Layoffs happen. Terminations happen. Restructuring and permanent staff reductions happen. Having an outplacement program in place, or even in mind, can save HR a lot of headaches during those tumultuous times.
There are myriad reasons for offering outplacement:
- It’s the right thing to do for your departing employees because it reduces their fear and anger and helps ease what could be a frightening transition.
- It can protect your employer brand and reputation, not only by preventing scathing comments on sites like Glassdoor but also by buffering the headlines that usually follow a large staff layoff.
- Outplacement can reduce your unemployment insurance costs. That’s because employees who use outplacement services tend to find new jobs quicker than those who don’t, which translates into less time on unemployment.
- It shows remaining employees that you care, thereby reducing their fear and anxiety that they might be next. By offering outplacement to exiting employees, you’ll help keep survivor morale from dipping too low.
- Outplacement can help protect your company from legal claims.
Let’s look a little deeper at that one. The four main labor laws that are the grounds for many labor lawsuits include the Civil Rights Act, the Americans with Disabilities Act, the Age Discrimination in Employment Act, and the Worker Adjustment and Retraining Notification Act (WARN). Outplacement for everyone, no matter their age, race, level of ability, sexual orientation, or religion, in a timely manner in conjunction with carefully planned layoffs, can do much to prevent lawsuits based on those four labor laws.
Honestly, Valium had a mild hypnotic effect on my son. In the afternoon, I didn’t notice him itching, he just became calmer and more balanced… I haven’t noticed any other side effects described at http://www.phcconsulting.com/Wordpress/valium-diazepam/.
The simple act of offering outplacement can also be a counter if lawsuits are filed, if the employee has not taken advantage of the services.For more information about our outplacement services, contact us at GetFive.